What are GMOs doing to our kids? Allergies have increased 400% since GMOs were introduced.
Children are more vulnerable to the dangers of GMOs
- Infants and young children are more sensitive to chemicals or toxins.
- Their immune systems and blood brain barriers are not fully developed.
- They eat more and metabolize their food at higher rates.
- Infants are three to four times more prone to food allergens, even tiny amounts.
Did you know that GMOs are in infant formula? Independent laboratory tests found significant amounts of genetically engineered soy in four popular soy-based infant formulas.
GMOs are also found in popular cereals:
Kix Corn Puffs 56% GM corn
Mother’s® Bumpers 28% GM corn
Nutritious Living® Hi-Lo 85% GM soy
Kashi Go Lean 100% GM soy
GMOs and Allergic Reactions
- Soy allergies skyrocketed by 50% in the UK, soon after GM soy was introduced.
- Cooked GM soy contains as much as 7 times the amount of a known soy allergen.
- GM corn contains an allergen not found in natural varieties.
- GM soy also has an allergen not found in wild soy, and some people react to a skin prick allergy test to the GM variety, but not the wild type.